If you’re hauling heavy loads or working in extreme conditions, you’ll appreciate the Cat CT681 Vocational Truck’s rugged durability and industrial styling—with the versatility to mount the attachments you need to get the job done.
Those who’ve seen the CT681 up close say it’s built like a tank. That’s because we’ve designed it to work hard and last for years, even on the toughest jobsites.
This set-forward axle model features 114-inch bumper to back of cab (BBC) and 28-inch bumper to axle (BA) lengths. It’s available in 6x4 day-cab.
Our integral Front Frame Extension (FFE) option makes it easy to mount snow plows, hose reels, winches, hydraulic pumps and other attachments.
You’ll have an uncompromised view of the road thanks to our curved, sloped, wraparound windshield and large, heated, cowl-mounted power mirrors.
You want a truck cab that combines the best of comfort and functionality—because a comfortable driver is a safe, productive driver. The CT681’s spacious, ergonomic interior delivers.
With multiple seat options, a leather-wrapped steering wheel that tilts and telescopes and premium sound insulation, you’ll enjoy a quiet, comfortable ride.
An ergonomic dashboard and center stack, well-illuminated interior and combined standard and convex mirrors come together to enhance safety.
There’s plenty of room for paperwork, log books and more in our easy-to-reach side compartments, back-panel storage and oversized side pockets.
- Ratings from 365-430 bhp & 1,250-1,550 lb-ft peak torque
- Front Engine Power Take-Off (FEPTO)
- Advanced air management system
- High-pressure, common-rail fuel system
- Dual sequential turbochargers & high-pressure injection system
- Highly efficient Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) solution
- Single Electronic Control Module (ECM)
- Easy-access systems & components
- Compacted graphite iron block
- Fluid-free head gasket
- Proven track record in vocational applications
- Full power shifts & quick acceleration
- Ideal speed & torque combinations for improved fuel economy
- Two side PTO locations & Cat exclusive rear PTO
- Six forward speeds & one reverse speed
- Other options: Manual & Ultrashift® PLUS Vocational Transmissions built by Eaton
- Meritor & Dana
- 6x4 day cab
- Tandems – Dana Spicer & Meritor 40,000-70,000 lbs. standard track
- Front axle – Meritor 12,000-20,000 lbs.
- Parabolic taper leaf for smoother ride
- Shock absorbers standard
- Optional two-stage multi-leaf shackle type with shocks
- Hendrickson offerings: HMX, HAS, RT, RS, R, PAX
- Chalmers: standard and high articulation
- Capacities from 40,000-85,000 lbs.
- AIR Dual System for straight truck
- Bendix anti-lock brake system, available with full vehicle wheel control system (four- or six-channel) & optional automatic traction control
- All systems meet federal stopping distance requirement
- Optional Haldex slack adjuster
- 80-, 100- & 120-gallon capacities available
- 9.5-gallon diesel exhaust fluid tank
- Single-left, dual under cab, or back of cab options available
- Aluminum alloy construction