With its aerodynamic lines, curved hood, striking grille and bold Cat badge, the Cat CT660 Vocational Truck definitely turns heads. But its real beauty lies in the performance and durability it delivers on the road and job site.
Aluminum alloy construction, sloped hood, wraparound windshield, heated mirrors and halogen headlights—they all come together to make the CT660 a reliable, productive and safe performer no matter what your application.
Available in truck or day-cab configurations, the CT660 features a set-back axle with 116-inch and 122-inch bumper to back of cab lengths—providing an extra tight turning radius for enhanced maneuvering.
Key components are grouped and ground-accessible, and the grille and bumper’s modular design makes replacement quick and affordable.
The cab’s durable aluminum alloy construction not only translates into longer life, but also means lower overall weight to improve productivity.
For decades, we’ve designed machine cabs that combine comfort and functionality. It shows in the CT660’s spacious interior, with its wide design, superior ride, ergonomic details and host of thoughtful features.
Spacious Cab Interior
The spacious cab interior offers plenty of floor-to-ceiling height, shoulder room and belly room. And it’s loaded with ergonomic features that reduce driver fatigue, enhance driver and worksite safety, and increase productivity.
The CT660’s ergonomically designed dashboard and center stack feature a superior gauge and rocker switch layout. With gauges in clear view and switches within reach, drivers gain complete command and control of the truck, the road and the jobsite.
Superior Gauge Layout
Drivers can see gauges easily through the steering wheel, so they can locate key indicators quickly and safely to see if all systems are operating at optimum performance. There’s also room for other gauges, including those for specific job applications.
Interior materials and surfaces, including the integrated floor mat and one-piece rubber seat skirt, are all designed for quick and easy cleanup—and durability.
Effective HVAC System
The HVAC system of the CT660 has been optimized and uses round vents for minimal air restriction. All vents are positioned for maximum air flow to quickly defrost the windshield and doors, and keep the cab’s interior comfortable in any climate.
Engineers took aim at eliminating buzz, squeaks, and rattles. Combined with a premium insulation kit that offers superior noise reduction, the CT660 cab keeps out ambient noise, so the interior remains quieter.
Excellent Secondary Visibility
Side and rearview mirrors are designed for excellent secondary visibility and overall safety on the road and at the jobsite.
The driver’s seat includes air suspension and highly adjustable lumbar support, offering drivers extreme comfort—all shift long.
Easy-to-reach gauges, switches, controls and compartments—combined with superior visibility and lighting—keep drivers alert to possible hazards.
The driver’s seat features air suspension and highly adjustable lumbar support, and there’s plenty of floor-to-ceiling height, shoulder room and belly room.
Premium grade sound insulation, tuned cab air suspension system, and ergonomic dash and center stack minimize fatigue, enhance safety and increase productivity.
- Ratings from 365-475 bhp & 1,250-1,700 lb-ft peak torque
- Advanced air management system
- High-pressure, common-rail fuel system
- Dual sequential turbochargers & high-pressure injection system
- Highly efficient Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) solution
- Single Electronic Control Module (ECM)
- Easy-access systems & components
- Compacted graphite iron block
- Proven track record in vocational applications
- Full power shifts & quick acceleration
- Ideal speed & torque combinations for improved fuel economy
- Two side PTO locations & Cat exclusive rear PTO
- Six forward speeds & one reverse speed
- Other options: Manual & Ultrashift® PLUS Vocational Transmissions built by Eaton
- Meritor, Dana & Fabco options
- 6x4, 8x6, 6x6 & 4x4 day cab or tractor configurations
- Multi-leaf, shackle type, single or two-stage spring
- Multi-leaf, slipper type
- Compatible shock absorber selection
- Parabolic taper leaf for a smoother ride
- Hendrickson offerings: HMX, HAS, RT, RS, R, PAX
- Chalmers: standard and high articulation
- 70-, 80-, 100- & 120-gallon capacity
- 9.5-gallon diesel exhaust fluid tank
- Single left, dual under cab/back of cab options
- Aluminum alloy construction