Under the hood, the Cat Truck is powered by a Cat CT Vocational Truck Engine with ratings specific to vocational truck applications and horsepower/torque combinations to tackle the toughest jobs.
Want more details on the CT13 engine?
Get all the specs here.
Get the Power You Need
You can spec your truck’s engine to create an ideal match of power and performance that meets the demands of your specific job and operating conditions.
Lower Operating Costs
A highly efficient Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) solution features upgraded in-cylinder technology and a proven aftertreatment system to deliver low cost of operation.
Count on Years of Operation
Increased durability of engine components—from the block to the cylinders to the bearings and beyond—means a longer-lasting truck, which equates to higher resale value.
Smooth Gear Meshing
Separated gear train provides smooth meshing of gears for longer life and reduced noise.
Compacted Graphite Iron Block
The Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) block saves up to 500 pounds of weight compared to standard iron, so payloads can be maximized to increase revenue per load. CGI is also far stronger, so it delivers unprecedented reliability, durability and service life.
Common-Rail Fuel System
The high-pressure, common-rail fuel system delivers ideal injection pressures for precise injection timing, optimized combustion and reduced exhaust emissions. It also produces better fuel efficiency - and quieter operation for increased driver comfort.
Systems and Components Access
Key systems and components of the engine, from the valve cover to the oil filters, are easy to access. So maintenance is easier and faster, which helps minimize downtime.
CAT Vocational Truck Engine Ratings
Unique Cat Engine designed specifically for vocational applications deliver the ultimate horsepower/torque combinations, creating an exact match of power and performance to meet the demands of specific job and operating conditions
Dual Sequential Turbochargers
Dual sequential turbochargers and a high pressure injection system deliver peak torque to maximize engine power and performance. By achieving peak torque at much lower speeds, the engine reduces gear shifting and allows for shifting at lower speeds.
Features and Benefits
- Advanced air management system: Reduces gear shifting and allows for fewer downshifts up steep grades
- High-pressure, common-rail fuel system: Delivers precise injection timing, optimized combustion & reduced exhaust
- Dual sequential turbochargers & high-pressure injection system: Optimizes torque for operating conditions, from faster acceleration to handling steep grades
- Single Electronic Control Module (ECM) & fewer electrical connections: Lessens diagnostic & maintenance time
- Main bearings with large surface area: Adds strength and durability
- Optional compression brake: Improves safety & limits brake wear
- Easy-access systems & components: Shortens maintenance time